Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The secret of success in Krishna Consciousness

The best kind of intelligence I can have is intelligence used in the service of Krsna. Intelligence is defined as "fixed" when it is intent upon my spiritual master's instructions, such as chanting the name of Krsna, remembering His activities, and performing service to His lotus feet. My spiritual master's instructions are my sadhana and my life, both in the beginning stages of bhakti as well in bhakti's perfectional stage. I desire only to follow his instructions, and I accept nothing else as my life's work, even in dreams. Whether I am happy or distressed, whether the material world remains or is destroyed, I don't care. There is no loss for me. I simply must carry out the orders of my spiritual master. Steadfast upon his orders is determined intelligence in devotional service, and only by being fixed on his orders can such determined intelligence prosper.
- Srila Vishwanatha Chakravarti Takur

No comments: