Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

24 Hour Kirtan Festival ki jay!

I and my wife went to New Vrindaban this weekend. I will try to sum it up in one word - BLISSFUL!

It was one of the best kirtans i have ever heard. The tempo was always on the high with devotees dancing. My favorite kirtans were by Niranjan Swami, Radhanath Swami and Sivarama Swami. They were great. All the Florida and New york devotee kirtans were exceptional too. Overall it was endearing to the heart and joyful to the soul.

During the day on saturday, the kirtan was accompanied by thunderstorms and rain. It cooled down the ground but due to the thunderstorms, the electricity got cut. I thought that the tempo of the kirtan would go down and that we would somehow finish the festival. I was wrong...the tempo went up and up and H.H.Sivarama Swami was roaring inspite of no microphone and speakers. Devotees were still dancing and nothing changed. I danced and danced but was also cautious as i had my drive back. After driving 14 straight hours and barely getting proper sleep for 2 nights, i was still filled with so much energy, i had no idea how i could dance (or let us say just jump up and down) for so long hours and be a part of the kirtan. I guess the kirtans in the association of devotees makes all the difference!

Personally, the trip was great especially I and my wife had the opportunity to meet my guru maharaj personally not once but twice and be a part of his kirtans and lecture. I also associated with my godbrothers and seeked blessings from my senior godbrothers.

All glories to the devotees who organized such an amazing event and all glories to the devotees who sang in the 24 hour kirtan. All glories to Niranjan Swami, Radhanath Swami and Sivarama Swami for the heart drenching Krishna Kirtans!

Below are some pictures my wife took during the stay.

H.H.Jayapataka Swami giving class



The pooja before the commencment of the 24 hour kirtan. H.H.Jayapataka Swami can be seen before breaking the coconut. There were other swamis performing the same.


Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra beautifully dressed on saturday.
Maharaj engaging the crowd during kirtan

ecstatic devotees!
H.H.Sivarama Swami performing kirtan
Evening outfits for the Lordships
H.H.Sivarama Swami during Kirtan
This is the sunday morning close to the end of 24 hours. This mandap is just outside the entrance of the main temple
Maharaj ending the 24 hr kirtan festival with his kirtans!
After the kirtan ended, maharaj gave a super class on the siginficance of chanting of the Holy names.


Hare Krishna

No comments: