Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Thursday, October 16, 2008

sum-substance of materialistic attitude


"They (material minded people) don't want to worship anyone; they want to worship their senses. That's all. Sense gratification. What is dictated by the senses, they agree to worship. Servant of the senses. In the material world nobody worships nobody; everyone serves his own senses. 'I like it.' That's all. There is a Bengali song, 'If it satisfies my eyes, why shall I not see? I shall see.' This is the sum-substance. If the senses want 'do this,' he will do it. And our Movement is that we shall not hear the dictation of the senses; we shall do what Krsna says. That is just opposite. So long I am carrying out the orders of the senses, then I am involved in this material birth, death, transmigration." - Srila Prabhupada

No comments: