Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reality of life

There was once a frog that lived in a lake. One day in the morning the frog left the water and he found a 50-cent coin. He exclaimed, "I am rich! Iam rich! I have 50 cents! In the whole world which other frog has asmuch money as I do." Have you ever seen a frog with money? He was probably the richest frog in the whole world. He had 50 cents. One day he was sitting on top of his 50-cent coin and he was bloating withpride. " Ah! Ah! I have it! I am rich! So now, let me do something for my fellow frogs. Let me uplift all my fellow frogs! I will be known as great leader of the frogs. People will praise me. I will be the king of frogs, and I must do something for them."

He thought of the most important problems the frogs were facing, "Every morning the elephant comes here and bathes in the lake and he disturbs the frogs. I will not tolerate this anymore! Now I am rich! The richest frog in the world will not tolerate this injustice from the elephant!" Just then the king's elephant was being brought down by his mahout. So the frog confronted the elephant turned his head to see who was making this noise. The frog cried out, "Elephant! Stop!It's me! It's me! The richest frog in the world! Stop!" But theelephant did not hear the frog. Then the frog jumped from his 50-centcoin before the elephant to stop him from going to the lake. But he wasso small that the elephant stepped on him, and the richest frog in theworld was killed.

Purport: This story was told by Srila Bhakti Siddanta Saraswati Thakur, to illustrate how a person can become very proud of a little material opulence and in his pride, he can lose perspective of the reality of life.

Please Chant:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Hare Krishna

No comments: