Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am amazed!

I am amazed!!

Ever since I got introduced to Krishna Consciousness sometime back, I have been constantly reading and listening to the pastimes of Srila Prabhupada on this planet. It simply has been wonderful. What is more wonderful, I think, is how much his disciples loved him. The more I read and listen about Prabhupada through his disciples; I am amazed how they could cultivate such immense attachment to the point of unmotivated love towards their spiritual master. Of course, there has been issues during Prabhupada's earthly lila and soon after he left. Still, however, majority if not all loved him so much that they left everything for him. This attachment was not selfish or based on philosophy but purely from one’s heart no matter how contaminated it was. This transformation of heart is an indication of the greatness of Srila Prabhupada. He simply controlled his disciples like a puppet master especially when I read many stories from the books by H.G.Hari Sauri prabhu and others. One thing I clearly understood, his disciples regardless of motivations really had a sincere yearning to please their spiritual master.

Unfortunately, being the miser that I am, I do not have such for my spiritual master who is also able to transform thousands of hearts. How his disciples across the world go to any length to please him. Recently, he made a trip to Sri Rangam with 5000 disciples ready to endeavor difficulty just to be with him. This shows their unalloyed attachment.

I pray to the Almighty Lord to give me some attachment for my spiritual master and Srila Prabhupada.

Hare Krishna

No comments: