Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holier than thou

Sometimes there can be a misunderstanding especially when I am speaking philosophy from the Bhagavad Gita and Bhagavatam. The audience can misinterpret me to be of exalted position. This can create a gap/alienation between me and the audience.

Therefore to show them that I am just an ordinary person with desires I take the effort to share the difficulties and problems I encountered in the past and am encountering in the present and how I am striving to the future in the practice of Bhakti to Krishna. I think this is important because people can relate to me more and will be more open to questions and deliberations. I have to do this intentionally because there is a false tendency in me to appear as “holier than thou” which truly is not the case.

Having said all this we should not compromise the instructions based on personal abilities or inabilities. We should still convey the philosophy as it is without addition or deletion but we can make it personal by sharing our personal journey in a mood of humility.

Hare Krishna

No comments: