Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

computer problems

For the past two days, I had some serious issues with my office computer and hence could not get anything done. This was an eye opener for me simply because I could not believe my whole life would stop because of a messed up computer. To be honest, I was a little depressed as I could not practically engage in any work. I was just sitting idly the whole two days. It was not a nice feeling. Krishna says in BG 3.5 that one has to work and it is not possible to refrain from work even for a moment. Artificially renouncing work, for me, can only lead to symptoms of depression.

I was also reminded of a saying by Srila Prabhupada that how we have created unnecessary necessities in this modern day world, perhaps the invention of computer is one such (un)necessity. Hard to say but if my whole day is rendered useless because of a malfunctioning computer, then either I should find a different job or seriously find alternate ways to efficiently function without the virtual crutches’ – computer.

Anyways, the computer is back to 95% of its capacity (still work needs to be done)…but at least I can write blogs during work…yes…nothing like being back to work full time!

Hare Krishna

No comments: