Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Krishna - The All Attractive

When I was growing up, I remember I was always attracted to something I did not have. I was attracted to people who had principles and stuck to it no matter what. The principles may have been utterly material, still I was attracted towards their austerity of executing their principles in all circumstances. I was also attracted towards people who were sacrificial in nature especially who would go beyond their comfort zones to help others. I admired that as I had absolutely no such qualities. This quality of charity or compassion is opulence and I was attracted towards it. This was why I came to Krishna Consciousness. Yes, the philosophy was immaculate and hence attractive, yet what pushed me to the other side was the compassion, the compassion shown by Srila Prabhupada. His determination to help others touched my heart and I was moved by his selfless nature.

Mother Teresa is also compassionate. There is no doubt about that. But her compassion was bounded by time (one life), place and towards certain living entities only (only human beings). In comparison, Srila Prabhupada’s compassion was timeless (all lifes), entire planet earth (he toured the entire planet 12 times to help people), all living entities including the butterflies, ants, trees, insects, animals, the hippies and the rich and famous such as the Beatles. The entire world is glorifying Mother Teresa for her concept of compassion, how much glory is warranted for the limitless compassion shown by Srila Prabhupada?

This compassion attracted my heart in the beginning. If Srila Prabhupada represented Guru and Parampara, then it is only logical to think that the entire Parampara has compassion in the same vein. If Krishna is the originator of the Guru Parampara, then one can get a glimpse of the compassion of Krishna. If the compassion from a nitya siddha jivatma such as Srila Prabhupada is attractive and deems glory from all of creation, how much attractive will Krishna be?

Indeed…Krishna is the ALL ATTRACTIVE and hence declared by all the liberated souls as the cause of all that be - the Supreme Personality of Godhead!!

Hare Krishna

No comments: