Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Monday, December 29, 2008

Essence of the four Vaisnava philosophies


[Gauracandra to Nimbarka:]“`Later, when I begin the sankirtana movement, I Myself will preach the essence of the four Vaisnava philosophies.

From Madhva I will receive two essential items: his complete defeat of the Mayavada philosophy [kevale-advaita-nirasana], and his service to the Deity of Krsna, accepting the Deity as an eternal spiritual being [krsna-murti-sevana].

From Ramanuja I will accept two great teachings: the concept of bhakti unpolluted by karma and jnana [ananya-bhakti], and service to the devotees [bhakta-jana-seva].

From Visnusvami's teachings I will accept two main elements: the sentiment of exclusive dependence on Krsna [tadiya-sarvasva-bhava], and the path of raga-bhakti [raga-marga].

And from you [Nimbarka] I will receive two excellent principles: the necessity of taking shelter of Radha [ekanta-radhikasraya], and the high esteem for the gopis' love of Krsna [gopi-bhava].

-'”Sri Bhaktivinod Thakur "Navadvipa-dhama Mahatmya", Chapter Sixteen

No comments: