But no matter how hard we try we are never peaceful or we are peaceful for brief periods of time only to be distressed later due to some aggravating life conditions. Below are five recommendations one should definitely have to attain peace permanently. Reading it please do not get overwhelmed as something impossible. However, by constant practice, this condition can be easily achieved. Also required are the blessing s of pure souls and Krishna.
Below are five recommendations for peace according to Krishna spoken in the Bhagavad Gita
- Should not have desire to gratify the bodily senses without rules and regulations
- Should not have desire separate from the desire of pure devotees of the Lord
- Should not have desire for ownership/proprietorship of a thing, people, fruits of an action/work (however require ownership to strive to achieve perfect work/action or maintain healthy relationships)
- Should not have desire to attach oneself to the identity created by the body such as male, female, black, white, rich, poor, doctor, lawyer, hindu ,christian, muslim, American, Indian etc
- Should not have desire to attach oneself to the extension of bodily identity such as “my car”; “my family”; “my son”; “my daughter”; “my house”; “my country” etc
One easy method to cultivate these five spiritual qualities in this day and age is by sincerely chanting the Holy Names of the Lord.
Please chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare and attain peace and happiness!