Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dear H.H.Radhanath Swami Maharaja

I would like to write a few lines about H.H.Radhanath Swami Maharaja. It is funny I am writing anything at all because I have met him personally only once for about 30 secs. My relationship with Maharaja is more through vani (through his lectures) than vapu. I started listening to his lectures everyday (almost) from july of 2007 and since then my heart has been transformed in more ways than one.

His lectures are so interesting for my mundane ears and at the same time spiritually intense. The way he describes the pastimes of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Krishna with Kaliya and Krishna with Govardhan, Damodar Lila etc etc is like watching a movie. My mind immediately is fixed on every word that comes out of his mouth. Hence I play a video in my head to the words of Maharaja. I pray Krishna gives me the interest to always be hooked to Maharaja’s lectures. Krishna says in the Bhagavad-Gita Gita, for one who fixes one’s consciousness upon Him constantly, can attain all perfections of life. To realize this statement in the age of Kali is practically impossible. While chanting, my attempts to concentrate are weak. But during his lectures and descriptions of the Lilas my mind is immediately fixed on Krishna and His Lilas. No matter what topic he discusses, he ultimately comes to one point

Trnad api sunicena
taror iva sahisnuna
amanina mana dena
kirtanyah sada harih

One should be more humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, giving all respects to all and expecting none in return, one can chant the holy names of Lord Hari constantly

Because he drills this point in every lecture, for a thick skulled person such as me, I understand, this is how I can please my Guru Maharaja. It is so interesting how when I hear and after hearing, I speculate and deviate the words. But when I hear the same message over and over and over again every single day in almost every single lecture, it just gets ingrained into the head. While I am also petrified and a little depressed that I do not think I can ever achieve that state in this one life and hence will never please my Guru. I pray and beg to all Vaishnavas to bestow their blessings upon me; else I have no other hope.

To find fault and get angry is second nature for me and my close associates will surely vouch for that. Wherever and as whatever I end up after this life, I will always be eternally indebted to him for the things he has taught me through his lectures and how among so many important instructions in the scriptures, he captured and repeats this one condensed formula to qualify to go back home back to Godhead. Although I am not yet initiated, I unabashedly call him my Guru in the hope that he will take me under his wings.

I want to sincerely thank my godbrothers who take the time off to make sure I am properly situated in Krishna Consciousness. Without their blessings and mercy nothing in Krishna Consciousness can come to fruition. At this juncture, I also want to thank one more person without whom I would not be writing about H.H.Radhanath Swami as my Guru. She is my wife. She, more than me, is very very confident and firm on who will take her back to Krishna. I wish I have a little bit of that faith that she has for her guru. I sincerely thank her for showing me the pathway to my Guru Maharaja! Thank you!

Thank you Guru Maharaja for touching so many lives and doing what you are doing. If I can offer you one gift on your birthday, I would like to offer you my sincerity and commitment to become the devotee you want everyone to be - Trnad api sunicena taror iva sahisnuna amanina mana dena kirtanyah sada harih. Please bless me!

Hare Krishna

No comments: