Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Monday, December 3, 2007

Pizza...but yeast free

I love pizzas and few days back I made my very own yeast free pizza. It came out delicious! Thanks to our friend and fellow-blogger Mary, i was able to do this pizza. Mary has a wonderful blog of her own. God knows how she studies, cooks and maintins a husband and a blog...all at the same time. I should learn some pointers from her!!!


Recipe
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (your old fashion chapathi flour will work. Instead of 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, i used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper black pepper
egg replacer to equal one egg (I used Ener-G egg replacer)
1/4 c oil (i am not too big on oil, so i just added 2 tablespoons of olive oil)
1/2 c "milk" (I used whole milk)

Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly oil a pizza baking sheet. Set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in the egg replacer, oil, and milk until well mixed. Place dough on baking sheet and with floured hands (this is important because it will be sticky) press down to fit the pan. Bake for 10 minutes BEFORE adding pizza toppings. Then bake another 10-15 minutes. Makes 1 pizza crust.

You can add your favorite toppings and cheese. I added black olives, green pepper, tomotoes, and green chillies. For cheese, i used Organic Valley (rennet free) mozerella and provolone.
It took me little over 60 mins but much much less time if we used traditional methods of yeast crust.

Enjoy the Karma free pizza!!

Hare Krishna!




2 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for the exaggerated compliments...I wish I had time to get everything done! Today is a great example, I just got home from school and it's 8:30 and luke is in the kitchen cooking and there will be no blog post today! We are all human!! I'm very happy you like the pizza crust.

ananda said...

It wasnt an exaggeration. Yes, there are days we miss out on the routine for various reasons. But the essence is to take care of everything and i believe you are trying to do that. Thank you for the recipe. Please visit my blog when time permits. Thanks.ananda