Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All glories to a great saint - Srila Saraswati Takur Prabhupada

All glories to His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Swami Maharaj Prabhupada!!

Today is Maharaj's disappearance day. I wrote a post about him two days back. I want to share my personal realization of this saint in this post. In my own personal devotional journey, I derive lot of strength and inspiration from him. Especially in my initial days in Krishna Consciousness, studying the character of Maharaj helped me understand (1) his greatness as a devotee (2) his staunch discipline in following Krishna consciousness and (3) his utter disdain toward anything material (be it gross or subtle).

His words still echo in my mind that seeking recognition and honor from other people is compared to the stool of a boar (wild pig). It is that abominable. Yet, my mind seeks stool. I can see how much I have to go in my own journey to become Krishna conscious. Studying his preaching style gives me such inspiration in my heart that I think anyone who is under his tutelage cannot but preach the message of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. I remember one time reading where Maharaj says "only a person with life can preach not a dead body" (i am paraphrasing). The essence however I understand is that anybody who is alive should preach the message of Krishna. Of course, to do that we have to become purified in our own consciousness and be empowered by the Lord.

While Srila Bhaktisiddhanta maharaj is a powerful preacher, he also is an epitome of humility and service. I remember reading his final instructions to his disciples in which he requests his followers to preach the message without being discouraged and also that we should pray to be the dust of the lotus feet of Sri Rupa and Sri Raghunath Goswamis and serve them in that capacity. Although Srila Bhaktivinod Takur re-initiated Mahaprabhu's sankirtan movement, it was Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaj who systematically spread it all over India and infused the same spirit to A.C.Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada to spread it worldwide. So Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaj was at the helm of this worldwide movement and still is.

I only wish and also pray that I may be an instrument of Maharaj's divine will, Prabhupada's divine will and my own spiritual master's divine will to have the inner strength, courage, desire and enthusiasm to spread the message of Mahaprabhu. Although I am currently lacking anything higher, I pray to Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaj on this auspicious day to help me in my own spiritual life and also bless me to be an instrument of Sri Guru and Gauranga!

I am very happy to be a part of the disciplic succession where I can associate (at least through vani) with such a great soul and saint whose only desire was the benefit of all living beings. I seek and pray to be a dust at your divine lotus feet.

All glories unto you Maharaj!
All glories unto your spirit of preaching the worldwide movement!
All glories unto all the devotees who have followed in his footsteps!

Hare Krishna

No comments: